– The new Distribution Centre is capable of storing and distributing more than 65,000 service parts offered to FCA Mexico’s customers and Mopar Distribution Network.
– Bruno Cattori, President and CEO of FCA Mexico; Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Eruviel Avila, Governor of the State of Mexico, inaugurated the facility in Toluca.
– The new Mopar Parts Distribution Centre extends more than 484,300 square-feet.
TOLUCA, Mexico, 5 February 2015 —— FCA Mexico has opened a new Mopar Parts Distribution Centre in Toluca, Mexico. This facility will store and distribute more than 65,000 service parts offered to FCA Mexico’s customers and the Mopar Dealer Network in Mexico.
The inaugural event was hosted by Bruno Cattori, President and CEO of FCA Mexico; Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Eruviel Avila, Governor of the State of Mexico.
The new Mopar Distribution Centre expands over 484,375 square-feet.
“It is an honour to inaugurate this new Mopar Parts Distribution Centre in Toluca and continue to invest in the state of Mexico, where we as FCA Mexico have been present since 1968 with our Assembly Plant. This facility is a cornerstone for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, and is a prime indicator of the region’s growth, strong supplier network and overall improvement of the competitiveness of Mexico in the automotive industry’s global scope,” said Bruno Cattori, President and CEO of FCA Mexico.
The new Mopar Parts Distribution Centre will fulfil shipments throughout Mexico and has the capacity to distribute 6,500 items. The Distribution Centre will employ two shifts, creating 97 jobs.
“This new facility is the result of a $13-million investment in infrastructure and equipment, and is another clear demonstration of our company’s commitment with Mexico,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO – Mopar Brand Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – Global.
“This Distribution Centre adequately meets the demanding process and logistics established by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. These global processes will make it possible for our customers in Mexico to benefit from a faster and more efficient level of attention and service,” he concluded.
About FCA Mexico
FCA Mexico is a subsidiary of American automobile manufacturer FCA US LLC which has a new name and a longstanding history. FCA Mexico has a corporate headquarters in Santa Fe and is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) NV family of companies. Mexico FCA designs, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram, Mitsubishi, Alfa Romeo and FIAT brands as well as models with SRT badging. The company also distributes Mopar products. FCA Mexico is built on Chrysler fundamentals, the innovative US car manufacturer established by Walter P Chrysler in 1925; and FIAT founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked in 1937 with the launch of an antifreeze product but truly made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era. From Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, the brand soon expanded to include technical service and customer support.
Today, Mopar is FCA’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in more than 130 markets, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for FCA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorised vehicle specifications for FCA vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
– Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
– Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
– Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
– Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
– Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
– wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
– wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
– 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
[Source : Fiat Chrysler Automobiles]