Munich/Garmisch-Partenkirchen, 24 June 2015 —— Bikers don’t prefer the straight line. They higher value winding routes and that’s an additional reason to already enjoy the ride to Garmisch-Partenkirchen right from the start. For 15 years now tens of thousands of bikers participate the biggest BMW Motorrad meeting in the world, the BMW Motorrad Days in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. From 3 to 5 July 2015 everyone on two wheels with an idea of what it feels like (or who wants to find this out) when the big motorcycle family comes together will be showing up there once again. Everyone is invited. The programme is as varied as the model range and as diverse as the community of enthusiastic bikers. Considering this wide range of topics, there certainly will be something for every visitor.
Shows: the show goes on
– The Classic Boxer Sprint is back! 16 two-valve flat twins and 8 four-valve boxers, face off in acceleration duels over the traditional furlong (approx. 200 metres).
– Donald Ganslmeier’s oldest travelling motodrome show in the world will set your head spinning every half hour on each event day. Must-sees.
– Chris Pfeiffer and his thrilling stunt show will be there again! The man from the Allgäu will come up with new acrobatic motorcycle moves which will make visitors’ eyes pop.
– In his MINI Stunt Show Russ Swift shows how experts can park a MINI into a parking space sideways or how to drive on two wheels.
– In general make sure to keep your eyes open for well-known personalties who will be there or are planning to come to Garmisch. e.g. the Isle of Man veteran Maria Costello. The speed record rider Valerie Thompson. The entertainment allstar Wigald Boning. The actress Lisa Tomaschewsky. She is currently training for her open driving license so she can ride a BMW S 1000 RR in public (ambitious).
– BMW Motorrad is presenting the latest concept bikes “Concept Bagger” (a bagger based on the K 1600), “Concept Path 22” (a BMW R nineT design offshoot), new bikes such as the
BMW R 1200 RS, the S 1000 XR as well as more new products for the 2016 model year.
And there also will be a motorcycle competition once again at the Hausberg!
One R 1200 RS and one S 1000 XR are awaiting new owners.
– Getting there: from 25 June there will be a special on our home page: bmw-motorrad.com/motorraddays highlighting the most scenic tours to take visitors to the BMW Motorrad Days.
– Local guides offer to take guests in motorcycle groups over the winding roads around Garmisch-Partenkirchen in half-day or full-day tours. The Garmisch area is one of the most beautiful motorcycle regions in the world.
– Test rides on current models: BMW Motorrad always like to demonstrate why so many bikes with the white and blue logo on are sold. Register in good time!
– Registration is possible any time at – bmw-motorrad.com/motorraddays.
– Offroad test rides in the Enduro Park on GS models. Also suitable for offroad beginners.
– Grand Motorcycle Parade: The line-up begins at 12:30 am on Saturday, the parade sets off at 1:00 pm.
– Classic Parade: on Sunday, 12:00 am classic BMW motorcycles will set off from the Hausberg. A great opportunity for getting great shots of old treasures.
– Licence-free riding: BMW Motorrad provides test bikes in a closed-off area. Here up-and-newcomers can find out why riding on two wheels with an engine in the middle is such fun. No official riding licence is needed in this area.
– Motorcycle service: in addition to tyre and break-down service, this year BMW Motorrad also offers a special-rate oil change using the original BMW engine oils ADVANTEC PRO and ULTIMATE which have been exclusively developed for high-performance engines. This offer applies as long as stocks last and depends on workshop capacity. Please register well ahead.
– Leather jackets and Helmet Legend – Limited Edition
– Sales of a limited edition of BMW Motorrad leather jackets for women and men as well as Helmet “Legend”. Exclusive sales at events.
– Ü 100,000: Launch of the motorcycle club for bikes with more than 100,000 km on the clock. The owners of the four motorcycles with the highest mileage will be selected and invited to the party tent on Friday evening. Please register at bmwmotorradvote.com with picture of odometer as well as on social media and in person in the exhibition tent.
Party in 3D
– Beer tent: welcome party with Gerry & Gary on Friday evening and big-time party on Saturday evening with Blechblos’n.
– Motodrome: The custom area around the Motodrome will offer a mainly rock-music alternative programme with the Root Booteg Band on Friday and Desperado5 on Saturday.
– US Lodge: Live music by First Coming (Friday), Los Gringos (Saturday), Dreirad (Saturday) and DJ Robert (both evenings).
– Camp fire: From 9:00 pm on both evenings there will be a camp fire on the meadow with Byron pulling the guitar strings. Offer for those who like to sing along, for children, for the young-at-heart or for other camp fire romantics.
BMW Motorrad Days 2014 virtual style: Be part of it all on social media
– Everyone who can’t be there in person will find up-to-date pictures, text and video of the event on every channel: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram and Google+. Just search for “BMW Motorrad” on the respective channels.
– Everyone can participate in this stream of BMW Motorrad Days impressions: Simply use the hashtag #bmwmotorraddays or post on com/BMWMotorrad for everyone who had to stay at home.
– BMW Motorrad will award the three best photos with three BMW Motorrad Days Fan Packages.
– To make sure that every on-the-spot journalist has enough electrical power available, there are power sockets free of charge in the Social Media Lounge in the exhibitor tent.
– Motorcycle agents can also have a shot of themselves taken on a BMW S 1000 RR on their “Mission to Ride” in MI:5 settings.
– On Friday and Saturday you can contact interesting people at the Hausberg via live chat, e.g. stunt rider Chris Pfeiffer, globetrotter Jolandie Rust or racing rider Sabine Holbrook.
The whole BMW Motorrad Days event team has pulled out all the stops to attract even more motorcycle riders, at least virtually, from all over the world to come to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Live chat with Chris Pfeiffer, see the Motodrome video, laugh over selfies at the camp fire.
However, the best thing of course is to be there in person, touch the paintwork of the most off-the-wall Boxer Bobber with your fingers, see old friends and make new ones. See you at the Hausberg.
The BMW Group
With its three brands BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce, the BMW Group is the world’s leading premium manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles and also provides premium financial and mobility services. As a global company, the BMW Group operates 30 production and assembly facilities in 14 countries and has a global sales network in more than 140 countries.
In 2014, the BMW Group sold approximately 2.118 million cars and 123,000 motorcycles worldwide. The profit before tax for the financial year 2014 was approximately € 8.71 billion on revenues amounting to € 80.40 billion. As of 31 December 2014, the BMW Group had a workforce of 116,324 employees.
The success of the BMW Group has always been based on long-term thinking and responsible action. The company has therefore established ecological and social sustainability throughout the value chain, comprehensive product responsibility and a clear commitment to conserving resources as an integral part of its strategy.
[Source : BMW Group]