Sony again to write a new chapter of Thai TV market launching the latest BRAVIA TV Series featuring Thailand’s first “Android TV” OS exclusively developed for TV.
BANGKOK, 10 June 2015 —— Sony Thai Company Limited, a quality technology leader, debuts the latest BRAVIA TV lineup of 17 models to the market, highlighting 10 models of “BRAVIA Android TV,” revolutionising modern TV industry, delivering the ultimate home entertainment experience from perfect convergence of advanced technology Android and the ultra-clear resolution of 4K and Full HD, catering to lifestyle and demand of consumers looking for a TV supporting smart device connection, outstanding with slim design and a broad spectrum of entertainment functions for easy access to entertainment experience, believing to write the new chapter of TV market, win consumer heart with colourful entertainment lifestyle and expedite TV market this year. The new BRAVIA from Sony will be available from June onwards.
Managing Director of Sony Thai Co., Ltd., Yuzo Chiba unveiled: “Sony is dedicated to developing Sony TV business unit on a continual basis with the innovation of 4K TV reaching higher video and audio quality by patented technology and functions to meet lifestyle of consumers today, especially the easy connectivity to portable device such as smartphone and tablet to add more entertainment flavour from TV. Today Sony is ready to launch 10 models of latest BRAVIA Android TV engineered from the convergence of operating system Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop) to support application usage for TV, enlarging a variety of entertainment outputs from smartphone and tablet to TV screen. According to the research on current smartphone users’ behaviour, it shows that smartphone users like are multitasking and over 50% of smartphone users simultaneously view TV while over 80% of smartphone OS is based on Android globally. Today’s unveiling of our 2015 range of 4K and Android TVs represent a significant milestone in home entertainment. We also foresee the opportunities in growth of large screen size TV especially 4K TV segment that shows fastest growth to achieve almost 3 times growth since last year. So this year the consumers will have more options of 4K TV with the screen size ranging from 43-inch to the flagship 75-inch model in the X9400C series while for the 4K BRAVIA Android TV also offer Hi-Res Audio including the stunning Ultra-Slim design in the X9000C series with only 4.9 mm thin – the World’s slimmest TV as of now.”
The new 10 models of BRAVIA Android TV integrate a multitude of latest technologies for higher efficiency, picture and sound quality and full-fledged functions. The key of BRAVIA Android TV is the Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop) exclusively developed for TV to enhance TV viewing experience from finest resolution different from general Android box. The 4K models have built-in innovative chip 4K Processor X1 to give more fascinating picture quality with beautiful images and virtual colours. Moreover the chip is designed for surpassing efficiency employing the powerful technology 4K X-Reality™ Pro, TRILUMINOS™ Display and X-tended Dynamic Range™ enriching pictures with dimension, vivid colour and virtual experience. Regarding audio system, the top models of BRAVIA Android TV comes equipped with Hi-Res Audio and upscale technology producing DSEE HX audio quality to convey sound with more accuracy as well as decompressing sound for natural clarity in every detail.
Moreover the interesting features of the BRAVIA Android TV include Google Cast™ turning the BRAVIA Android TV to Chrome Cast bringing contents from a smartphone to show on screen and, therefore, cast pictures or play YouTube video on TV screen, while using social network on the smartphone. At the same time, users can still enjoy selecting and showing favourite smartphone applications on the huge screen with Google Play™ and Voice Search feature. Users can input command to search contents, ask questions and control TV by voice through the microphone built-in remote control for time saving and convenience with support of 42 languages including Thai. The Photo Sharing Plus function makes photo and video sharing easy. A TV can connect or share pictures with 10 device.
The One-Flick Entertainment function, exclusively available in Sony, provides fast access to contents through shortcut menu and connects to portable device by One-Flick remote control for users to view and search contents from various programme sources simply on finger touch and built-in microphone in remote control.
The grand opening showcases the highlight of BRAVIA Android TV in the X9000C series, noted for innovative design Ultra Slim, world’s slimmest TV with 4.9 millimetre, packed with technologies, Android TV features and 4K resolution quality that will thrill viewers with clearest pictures like coming out from TV screen.
Meanwhile Sony establishes marketing communication strategy to create recognition of BRAVIA Android TV among consumers with the 360-degree strategy incorporating Above the Line communication including advertising media in theatres, presses and outdoor media and Below the Line including roadshow activity in Bangkok and main cities in upcountry. The online media will be the major channel to communicate with new generation consumers. Sales promotion activities will be organised in conjunction with distribution agents for consumers to share the new experience in perfect TV viewing. Thanks to state-of-the-art technologies, high- class innovation and the use of Android Operating System maintaining large user base today, we are confident that the BRAVIA Android TV will satisfy consumer demand and retain consumer’s preferred choice.
THE 2015 BRAVIA PRODUCT LINEUPS
BRAVIA Android TV Line Up / 4K
– X9400 Series – The flagship 75-inch BRAVIA Android TV offering highest resolution, 4K or 3840 x 2160 pixel, fully equipped with latest technologies 4K-Reality™ Pro, TRILUMINOS™ Display and X-tented Dynamic Range™ Pro, combining the powerful sound system Hi-Res Audio and DSEE (Digital Sound Entertainment Engine) HX to improve compressed signal quality such as MP3 simulating Hi-Res Audio quality, available in July.
– X9300C Series – The 65-inch 4K BRAVIA Android TV integrating video and audio technologies including 4K-Reality™ Pro, TRILUMINOS™ Display and X-tented Dynamic Range™ for you to easily enjoy the 4K entertainment experience and the powerful Hi-Res Audio quality. The X9300C is available by the end of June.
– X9000C Series – The 65-inch and 55-inch 4K BRAVIA Android TV featuring world’s slimmest TV coming with Floating Style design, outstanding and exquisite like picture frame, completed with quality technologies including 4K-Reality™ Pro, TRILUMINOS™ Display for 4K Resolution producing Full HD quality. The X9000C is available in August.
– X8500C Series – The 55-inch 4K BRAVIA Android TV serving brightest TV viewing experience with unrivaled color details from quality technology TRILUMINOS™ Display for 4K Resolution, available by the end of June.
– X8300C Series – The 43-inch and 49-inch 4K BRAVIA Android TV full of quality technologies including 4K-Reality™ Pro, TRILUMINOS™ Display, available by mid-July.
BRAVIA Android TV Line Up / Full HD
– W800C Series – The 43-inch, 50-inch and 55-inch Full HD BRAVIA Android TV ready with connectivity of smartphone to TV screen via NFC with One Touch Mirroring and Motionflow technology smoothening motion pictures and X-protection pro to protect TV from moist, dust and electric shock, supporting active 3D pictures. The W800C is available by mid-June.
BRAVIA Internet TV / Full HD
– W700C Series – The 32-inch, 40-inch and 48-inch Full HD BRAVIA Internet TV coming with 2 mega-pixel resolution and Bass Reflex Box Speaker producing clear audio and video quality and complete connectivity of mobile phone to TV with MHL technology that makes you enjoy a variety of Internet TV functions such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
BRAVIA TV / Full HD
– R550C Series – The 40-inch and 48-inch BRAVIA TV coming with 2 megapixel Full HD resolution and Motionflow technology smoothening motion pictures for you to enjoy YouTube video clips.
– R350C Series – The 40-inch Full HD BRAVIA TV coming with 2 megapixel resolution and Motionflow technology smoothening motion pictures and X-protection pro to protect TV from moist, dust, electric shock and thunder.
BRAVIA TV / Entry
– R300C Series – The 32-inch BRAVIA TV coming with 1 megapixel resolution and Motionflow XR100Hz technology smoothening motion pictures and X-protection pro to protect TV from moist, dust, electric shock and thunder.
The BRAVIA Android TV and other models will be available for sales in a phasing launch starting from June at Sony Store Showroom, Sony Centre and distribution agents nationwide. Interested customers may enquire additional product information from Sony Info Centre.
[Source : Sony Thai Company Limited]