– New Golf TSI BlueMotion consumes just 4.3 litres of fuel per 100 km
– 200 Nm: Highest specific torque of any petrol engine sets new benchmark
– 99 g/km CO2: Low-emitting Golf TSI BlueMotion attains efficiency class A
Ten key facts about the new Golf TSI BlueMotion:
1. Innovative 1.0 TSI offers highest specific torque of any large-scale production series of petrol engines: 200 Nm per litre displacement.
2. First Golf BlueMotion¹ to feature a petrol engine consumes just 4.3 l/100 km
3. Emitting just 99 g/km CO2, the Golf TSI BlueMotion is one of the most eco-friendly cars in its class.
4. Despite its efficiency, the Golf TSI BlueMotion with an 85 kW / 115 PS engine has a top speed of 204 km/h.
5. The downsized 999 cc high-tech, three-cylinder EA211-series engine is as refined as a four-cylinder engine.
6. A 7-speed DSG (with automatic gear changes) is available; this version Golf also consumes just 4.3 l/100 km.
7. The Cd value of 0.28 helps reduce fuel consumption.
8. The Golf TSI BlueMotion is available in two equipment trim levels: Trendline and Comfortline.
9. Golf Estate (4.3 l/100 km)² and Golf Sportsvan (4.5 l/100 km)³ will also launch with a TSI BlueMotion version.
10. Golf offers cutting-edge, progressive networking with Volkswagen Car-Net, Media Control and App Connect.
Wolfsburg / Amsterdam, 01 June 2015
– A petrol engine that is as fuel-efficient as a diesel – until recently this was barely conceivable. A three-cylinder engine that is as powerful and refined as a good four-cylinder – that was barely conceivable until just recently. But now it is a reality. This engine exists. The 1.0 TSI from Volkswagen. The German manufacturer will now be installing it in Europe’s most successful car: the Golf. The name of the new high-efficiency model: Golf TSI BlueMotion. Until now, the Golf BlueMotion was only available in diesel (TDI) and natural gas (TGI) versions. The Golf TSI BlueMotion (which can be ordered in the Trendline and Comfortline trim levels) now extends the model range with one of the most economical cars of our time. The combined fuel consumption of the most fuel-efficient petrol-powered Golf ever: 4.3 l/100 km. This fuel consumption equates to incredibly low CO2 emissions of 99 g/km – and the Golf TSI BlueMotion achieves these figures with both the standard 6-speed manual gearbox and the optional 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox (DSG). At the same time, the Golf Estate and Golf Sportsvan will launch as TSI BlueMotion models. With a manual gearbox, the Golf Estate also consumes 4.3 l/100 km; with DSG the figure is 4.5 l/100 km. For the Golf Sportsvan, the figures are 4.5 (manual) and 4.6 l/100 km (DSG).
– the first large-scale production petrol engine to attain a specific torque of 200 Nm per litre displacement. The maximum power of the three-cylinder engine – 85 kW / 115 PS – lies just above the level of the first generation Golf GTI (110 PS). In terms of responsiveness and top speed, the Golf TSI BlueMotion can reach 204 km/h and so surpasses the legend (182 km/h). When it comes to fuel consumption, it even beats the first diesel-powered Golf TDI BlueMotion (4.5 l/100 km). Clearly, the Golf TSI BlueMotion – a five-seater, and optional four-door all-round car that does not require even a hint of compromise from its owners despite its efficiency – is defining a new benchmark among petrol models in its class with diesel-like fuel consumption figures.
– Affordable. With the lowest price tag of any Golf BlueMotion version, the TSI model is extremely affordable. In Germany, the Golf TSI BlueMotion Trendline costs 20,450 euros – and includes standard features such as air conditioning, seven airbags, Automatic Post-Collision Braking System, XDS electronic differential lock, start/stop system with brake energy recovery, model-specific rear spoiler in body colour, sport suspension (body is 15 mm lower) and BlueMotion 15-inch “Lyon” wheels.
1 Fuel consumption Golf TSI BlueMotion in l/100 km: 4.3 (combined), CO2 emissions in g/km: 99 efficiency class: A
2 Fuel consumption Golf Variant TSI BlueMotion in l/100 km: 4.5 – 4.3 (combined), CO2 emissions in g/km: 103 – 99 efficiency class: A
3 Fuel consumption Golf Sportsvan TSI BlueMotion in l/100 km: 4.6 – 4.5 (combined), CO2 emissions in g/km: 105, efficiency class: B
“TDI”, “TSI”, “DSG” and “electric propshaft” are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG or other companies of the Volkswagen Group in Germany and other countries.
Features and technical data apply to models offered in Germany. Details for other countries may vary.
[Source : Volkswagen]