– Contemporary design and sustainability, combine with comfort, capability and composure to prove Range Rover Hybrid is the ultimate luxury transport for “BORN” VIP guests;
– Activities hosted in a landmark 30m high pyramid in the French resort, known as “LE BORN”
– Range Rover is the ideal choice to tackle the most challenging weathers and terrains, providing a confident, refined vehicle to beat Courchevel’s wintry conditions.
Craftsmanship, creativity and fine design are celebrated in a showcase programme of activities hosted by BORN in Courchevel this winter, with Range Rover providing suitably prestigious transport for VIP guests to its landmark pyramid pavilion.
A 30m high monumental pyramid structure is the centre for 14 weeks of exhibitions, meetings and activities under the patronage of Louis Vuitton, Dior and Bvlgari. Featured contributors to these “Summits of Creativity” include the designers of TagHeuer, McLaren, Edmiston and Cordier Mestrezat Grands Crus.
The occasion gives Land Rover the opportunity to demonstrate the superb marriage of craftsmanship and advanced technology in the Range Rover Hybrid, providing a courtesy vehicle to carry BORN’s invited guests from the area’s luxury hotels, chalets and apartments and collecting those arriving by private plane or helicopter at the local altiport.
The Range Rover Hybrid perfectly captures the spirit of the “BORN” mission to present the finest in contemporary design and engineering. It delivers all the luxury, comfort and fine attention to detail that are established Range Rover hallmarks, combined with a powertrain that successfully harnesses advanced technologies to achieve exceptional power, performance and efficiency.
Designed and built in Britain, the Range Rover Hybrid benefits from a strong but lightweight aluminium monocoque, within which driver and passengers enjoy a spacious environment. The clean, confident lines amplify the vehicle’s authentic SUV credentials, from the elevated driving position, to its genuine all-terrain capabilities. It takes the icy conditions of the French Alps in its stride, while ensuring occupants enjoy a quiet, smooth and refined journey.
The unmistakable design of the Range Rover, from its distinctive silhouette including the signature clamshell bonnet with its distinctive castellations, the floating roof, to the graphic of the side fender vents, has long been at the core of the model’s appeal.
The cabin features characteristic strong, architectural forms, and these are emphasised by extremely clean and elegant surfaces, flawlessly executed using the finest leathers and veneers. For those that desire even more room in the cabin, a long-wheelbase version can be specified, while an extensive range of equipment features and options ensure a breadth of choice to meet the most demanding tastes. Perhaps more importantly still, the preferences of each individual customer can be met in a wealth of personalisation possibilities.
“A Range Rover communicates a sense of elevation – it gives driver and passengers the feeling that there is no better place to be,” says Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Design Director and Chief Creative Officer. “We have made sure that the hybrid derivative delivers exactly the same sense of well-being, with a highly sophisticated design which offers the ultimate in quality and refinement.”
The latest generation Range Rover was designed from the outset to accommodate a hybrid system, hence there is no compromise in the space available in the five-seat cabin and load area. Its seamless performance delivers both the ride comfort appropriate for a prestige vehicle and high efficiency, achieved without diminishing all-terrain capability.
– Since 1948 Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that represent true ‘breadth of capability’ across the model range. Defender, Freelander, Discovery, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, and Range Rover Evoque each define the world’s 4×4 sectors, Land Rover products are currently sold in approximately 180 global markets.
– BORN celebrates “masters of creativity” each year in Courchevel and finances emerging talents on its online crowdfunding platform (www.born.com). BORN provides creatives and innovators with even wider distribution and exposure for their projects. BORN provides an unrivalled opportunity to finance a new generation of creators and SMEs making products with style.
[Source : Jaguar Land Rover]