JAKARTA, Indonesia —— Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II rolled into Southeast Asia’s largest economy, Indonesia, recently. The arrival of Ghost Series II was celebrated at a private grand reception.
Since its launch in 2009, Ghost has become the ultimate symbol of success for Indonesia’s leading entrepreneurs. It counts among its clientele; Captains of Industry, entrepreneurs, business leaders and visionaries who have contributed to the growth and dynamism of Indonesia’s economy.
Building on this success is Ghost Series II, an update with a range of innovative technological, design and engineering features that position it as the choice modern super-luxury car for the executive on-the-go – an oasis of calm in a frenetic business world.
“In answer to our clients’ demands for the best in effortless dynamism, modern luxury and industry-leading technology, we are proud to present Ghost Series II. In Ghost Series II customers will find the same level of exclusivity, quality and perfection that is quintessentially Rolls-Royce,” said Sven Ritter, General Manager for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Asia Pacific.
“Ghost has always been a leading choice for our customers in Indonesia, as a definitive symbol of success and for its unparalleled luxury. Ghost Series II will give them an ownership experience that will be even more rewarding,” commented Enderi Andreanto, General Manager, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Jakarta.
“Indonesia is an exciting market for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. The country has witnessed dramatic growth over the years. Today Indonesia has one of the largest number of ultra high-net worth individuals (UHNWIs) in Southeast Asia, one that has been projected to increase tremendously over the next five years. Jakarta, an emerging city of the future, is expected to see the highest concentration of such wealthy residents. With our established presence in Jakarta and great partnership with PT. Eurokars Artha Utama, we feel in a strong position in the long term,” added Ritter.
Ghost Series II – changes at a glance
Ghost Series II presents significant recent technological updates in an exterior package that represents evolutionary changes to Ghost’s timeless aesthetic.
– A contemporary re-imagining of Ghost’s front face; re-engineered and re-designed LED headlights are framed by day-time running lights.
– Revised surface treatments including re-sculptured bumpers that present a wider, more dynamic stance.
– A new bonnet design featuring tapered ‘wake channel’ emanating from the Spirit of Ecstasy that hints at Ghost Series II’s dynamism.
– The waft line leans further forwards, giving further expression to Ghost’s dynamic driving experience.
– New paint and wheel options giving customers greater scope for Bespoke personalisation.
– Re-designed front seats include electronically adjustable thigh supports and depth adjustment. Rear seats have been subtly re-angled to augment effortless communication with fellow passengers.
– The clock fascia and instrument dials are enhanced with the addition of polished metal chaplets that evoke premium watch design.
– Option of extending natural grain leather to the A and C pillars.
– The scope for Bespoke customisation is extended with the introduction of two new, exquisitely crafted veneers: Paldao and Walnut Burr Crossband.
Technological and engineering enhancements
– Re-designed LED headlights incorporating the latest technologies. A whiter, brighter light augments driver safety whilst electronic reflectors move in the direction of travel in response to steering-wheel turns. New anti-glare technology deflects light when a car approaches in the other direction, giving Ghost Series II drivers the benefit of full-beam headlights at all times.
– Suspension enhancements include re-engineered front and rear struts, new steering gear and adjusted dampers that increase the car’s cornering ability when the Dynamic Driving Package is specified.
– New hydraulic rear axle bearings enhance ride quality and rear stability whilst reducing vibrations and cabin intrusions.
– All Ghost Series II motor cars feature Satellite Aided Transmission as standard – a technology that utilises GPS and mapping data to ensure the car is always in the correct gear when negotiating turns, motorway exists and roundabouts (subject to the availability of GPS service in the market).
[Source : Rolls-Royce Motor Cars]