– Jaguar Land Rover delivers solid full year global sales retailing 462,678 vehicles in 2014, up 9%;
– Jaguar delivers strongest full year performance in nearly a decade retailing 81,570 vehicles, up 6%;
– Land Rover retails in high demand: 381,108 in 2014, up 9%;
– Sales up across all key regions;
– Global sales driven by award winning product portfolio.
SOLIHULL, U.K. —— Jaguar Land Rover, the UK’s leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles has achieved solid sales performance in 2014, retailing 462,678 vehicles, up 9% versus prior year. This is the company’s fifth successive year of growth in sales.
Commenting on the full year performance Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director, said: “Jaguar Land Rover has once again outperformed prior year performance, with retails up across all of our key regions. With 12 significant new product actions planned for 2015 and the introduction of the new Jaguar XE and the Land Rover Discovery Sport, we anticipate retailing over half a million vehicles for the first time in the company’s history.
“2014 has been a year of significant achievements for Jaguar Land Rover, recognised by more than 100 international awards. We aim to make 2015 even better, by creating ever more exciting cars that deliver great customer experiences.”
Jaguar Land Rover’s global performance for the full year 2014 shows a balanced portfolio with sales up across all key regions: 122,010 in the China Region, up 28%; 96,505 for Overseas, up 1%; 86,310 in Europe, up 3%; 82,872 in the UK, up 7% and 74,981 in North America, up 2%.
Land Rover had its best ever year with sales reaching 381,108, up 9% year-on-year. The company sold more Range Rovers, Range Rover Sports and Range Rover Evoques in 2014 than ever before, on the back of continued strong customer demand.
Jaguar sales were up 6% for the year, retailing 81,570 vehicles. The F-TYPE, which has just completed its first full year of sales, continues to raise brand awareness around the world. The XF consistently drives Jaguar volumes and in 2014 has recorded its best year of sales to date. This is Jaguar’s strongest full year performance in nearly a decade.
Jaguar Land Rover has collected over 100 international awards and honours in 2014 for its products and for many other areas of the business. Heading the list is a prestigious 2014 Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade, reflecting sustained success with global exports to over 170 countries. The official citation recognised Jaguar Land Rover’s “outstanding overseas sales growth over the last three years”.
It has also been a historic year for manufacturing, with the business expanding from three plants to five. Jaguar Land Rover opened its first ever overseas manufacturing plant, in China, as well as a new Engine Manufacturing Centre in the West Midlands. This facility, together with major recent investment and increased headcount at Castle Bromwich, Halewood and Solihull, underlines Jaguar Land Rover’s commitment to the UK.
Jaguar Land Rover:
– Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
– In 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 425,006 vehicles, up 19%. Of that, Jaguar sold 76,668 vehicles and Land Rover sold 348,338 vehicles.
– Jaguar Land Rover will invest in the region of £3.5 to £3.7bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2015.
– Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK’s largest exporters and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
– Strong performers in 2014 were Australia retailing 11,273 vehicles, up 19% and Korea retailing 6,677 up 33%. Both markets have outperformed any preceding year.
[Source : Jaguar Land Rover]