BANGKOK, Thailand, 18 November 2014 —— Nissan announced the launch of the all-new X-Trail to the Thai market. The iconic and best-selling SUV will be available at dealership nationwide starting today.
Positioned at the top of Nissan’s crossover lineup in Thailand, X-Trail boasts a suite of innovative features. Its 3D 5-inch colour display meter and LED projector headlamps are first-in-class, providing multi-driving information and daytime running lights. The long wheelbase and premium interior design give the model a striking and dynamic appearance. Technologies such as Around View Monitor, Active Engine Brake and Active Ride Control ensure an easy, stress-free driving experience while the spacious 3-row `5+2` seater interior with a power-sliding panoramic sunroof and an auto lift gate offer user comfort, making X-Trail a perfect car for family use.
“Following its successful launches around the world, we are delighted to introduce X-Trail to Thailand. As a locally produced vehicle exclusive to Thai customers, this addition to our lineup is evidence of Nissan’s unwavering commitment to Thailand, both as a production hub and a marketplace,” said Toru Hasegawa, corporate vice president of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd and president of Nissan Motor Asia Pacific.
X-Trail continues to be well-received in every market it has been introduced. In Japan, X-Trail was the best-selling SUV* of fiscal year 2013. In the USA, where it is known as Rogue, the X-Trail was recognised as the “Best Compact SUV” in the J.D. Power APEAL survey. X-Trail also received a maximum five-star safety rating this October in Europe from the independent safety organisation, Euro NCAP.
Nissan expects annual sales of the all-new X-Trail in Thailand to achieve more than 8,000 units. The model will be available in six colours – Radiant Red, Storm White, Black Star, Brilliant Silver, Deep Iris Gray and Midnight Jade – with prices starting from THBaht 1.172 million.
* Japan Automotive Dealers Association, Recreational Off-road Vehicle segment
Product information: The All-new NISSAN X-TRAIL
The all-new Nissan X-Trail is a dramatic improvement on the previous model. Gone is the boxy shape – it’s been replaced by a premium and super-dynamic styling that meets the needs and wishes of today’s style-savvy consumers.
In fact, this crossover SUV boasts more than just stunning new-looks. The all-new Nissan X-Trail is packed full of new features that provide the customer with better comfort, ride stability, innovative technologies throughout, interchangeable cargo & passenger space and of course, great power performance coupled with superior fuel economy.
The 2015 Nissan X-Trail is, quite simply, the best in class Crossover SUV available in Thailand. Not only because of the improvements in design and styling but also because of these unique and first in class features :
– WORLD’S FIRST with Active Engine Break (AEB)
– WORLD’S FIRST with Active Ride Control (ARC)
– FIRST in class with Panoramic Sunroof
– FIRST in class with 3D 5-inch Meter for multi-driving information display
– FIRST in class with Around View Monitor (AVM)
– FIRST in class with LED Projector headlights
– FIRST in class with Daytime Running Lights
– FIRST in class with auto lift gate
Over and above this impressive list of firsts, Engineers and Stylists across the Nissan world have gone to great lengths to make the 2015 Nissan X-Trail a class-leader. Nissan Motor Thailand is proud to announce the debut of this amazing car with the following attributes:-
Dynamic & Premium Design
The all-new Nissan X-Trail offers the boldest mix of dynamic and premium exterior design in its class. Instead of straight lines, the mid-size wagon’s more rounded profile features elegant curves, but the characteristic D-pillar shape and trademark SUV features like high wheel-arches continue, in tandem with new design leads like the shaped tail-lights and structured headlights with LED daytime running lights.
The design is also reinforced with other features, such as:
– Electrically-controlled Panoramaic Sunroof which extends almost the full length
– LED projector headlights, with day time running lights (DRL) for extra visibility
– Super-comfortable and premium interior with additional third row
– Longer wheel-base which lends greater interior comfort and space
– Remote-controlled and smart auto lift gate opening
– Sporty 17-inch (2.0L) 18-inch alloy wheel (2.5L))
– Tyre size of 225/65 R17 (2.0L) and 225/60 R18 (2.5L)
The all-new Nissan X-Trail comes with ergonomic interior design, providing convenience and ease of use for the driver and all passengers. The spacious passenger cabin offers superlative comfort, especially the knee and leg room in the 2nd row. The Nissan X-Trail also features a 5 plus 2 seatings with 3rd row of ‘theatre-style’ seating for up to two more people. Altogether, seven people can enjoy exceptional ride comfort to their destination.
The all-new Nissan X-Trail also comes with other amenities, such as:
– 3-spoke steering wheel with multifunction switches for controlling audio system, Multi-information display, and phone connection over Bluetooth.
– One-class-above luxury with Dual Climate Control Auto Air Conditioning and Rear Air Vents
– 3D 5-inch Multi-Information Display (real time advanced chassis control system, fuel consumption, range, ECO ZONE, average speed, odometer, etc).
– Built-in audio system with CD, MP3, AUX, and USB compatibility. And Nissan Connect system – smart application for driver to update and download information through facebook and google search
– Wide-Opening rear door of 80 degrees
– Spinal support seat with electronic seat adjustment giving a stress-free while driving.
The all-new Nissan X-Trail is equipped with a number of advanced technologies that deliver high performance, fuel efficiency and of course, ride comfort. The X-Trail is available with two high-performance engines to choose from.
Both feature new drivetrains that reduce friction and therefore lead to better fuel efficiency and both have expanded gear ratios to improve acceleration at low speeds and much improved fuel efficiency at high speeds. Both come with new generation X-tronic CVT with 7-speed manual mode.
– The new 2.0-litre MR20DD petrol direct injection delivers 144hp and a torque of 200 Nm. This is a new engine in Thailand.
– Alternatively, there’s the new 2.5-litre petrol engine that delivers 171 hp and a torque of 233Nm
– Alternative 4-wheel drive with rotor switch and 2-wheel drive systems
Other enhancements include:-
– Intelligence key with anti-theft Immobiliser system, and Push start button for start and stop the engine
– Around View Monitor that aids the driver in parking and manoeuvring
– Under Nissan safety shield, the all-new X-trail provides Nissan’s patented Zone Body Concept safety structure provides excellent occupant protection.
Meanwhile, the suspension comprise of independent McPherson struts up front and multi-link at the rear with stabiliser, ensuring a smooth and comfortable ride. Plus 4-SRS airbags, and full responsive braking system ; Vehicle dynamic control (VDC), Traction Control System (TCS), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
And to ensure stress-free, comfortable and safe driving for both driver and passengers, the Nissan X-Trail comes with the latest innovation ‘Advanced Chassis Control’ that provides a range of safety features, making driving truly a pleasurable experience.
– Hill Start Assist (HSA)
– Hill Descent Control (HDC)
– Active Engine Brake (AEB)
– Active Trace Control (ATC)
– Active Ride Control (ARC)
– Active Limited Brake Slip (ABLS)
The all-new Nissan X-Trail is available in 4 grades and six colours, which are Radiant Red, Storm White, Black Star, Midnight Jade, Deep Iris Grey, and Brilliant Silver
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with approximately 244,500 employees globally, Nissan sold almost 5.2 million vehicles and generated revenue of 10.5 trillion yen (USD 105 billion) in fiscal 2013.
Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. In 2010, Nissan introduced the Nissan LEAF, and continues to lead in zero-emission mobility. LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle launched globally, is now the best-selling EV in history with almost 50 percent share of the zero-emission vehicle segment.
[Source : Nissan Thailand]