– Two quintessentially British icons, Land Rover and Barbour have launched their first clothing collaboration for Autumn Winter ’14;
– The Barbour for Land Rover Collection will be available through Barbour stores, barbour.com, Land Rover Experience Centres and landrover.co.uk/shop;
– 50 media gathered at Eastnor Castle to celebrate the collaboration between Land Rover and Barbour;
– The collection draws on both Land Rover and Barbour’s key strengths of capability, design, durability and reliability, the result is a range of men’s and women’s apparel collaboratively designed and developed by two great British brands.
The first collaborative partnership between the two quintessential British icons, Land Rover and Barbour, is on sale now.
The collaboration was celebrated when global media gathered at the spiritual home of Land Rover, Eastnor Castle. Those present were treated to traditional British country pursuits highlighting the brands shared foundations of capability, design, reliability and style.
A day of clay pigeon shooting, ferret racing, archery, falconry and of course off road driving in Land Rover vehicles set against the stunning grounds of Eastnor Castle ensured guests experienced the best the British countryside had to offer. The day concluded with a fashion show, debuting the Barbour for Land Rover collection on a contemporary catwalk flanked by Land Rovers, set in the striking backdrop of Eastnor Castle.
Inspired by Land Rover’s distinct design, the range is a modern interpretation of the two brands’ traditions. Barbour for Land Rover is designed for a discerning customer who demands the high standards of workmanship and finish. Traditional country detailing is married with technical modern touches and ergonomically-shaped fit for comfort while driving. The choice of men’s and women’s jackets are complimented by quilts, gilets and a range of wax and wool knits, accessories and matching luggage.
The collections will be retailed through Barbour and Land Rover distribution channels.
About Land Rover
Since 1948 Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that represent true breadth of capability across the model range. Defender, Freelander, Discovery, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque each define the world’s 4×4 sectors. Land Rover products are currently sold in approximately 180 global markets.
More on Barbour at barbour.com
– J Barbour & Sons Ltd was founded in 1894 and has always been based in South Shields in the North East of England. Barbour is a 5th generation, family owned business with three Royal warrants.
– Barbour is a leading lifestyle brand manufacturing and retailing wax jackets, waterproof breathable jackets, wools, quilts, shirts, knitwear, trousers, footwear and accessories in over 40 countries worldwide.
- Barbour’s customer service is unique – wax jackets can be returned at any time for rewaxing, repairs or alteration.
[Source : Land Rover]