– Mazda seeks participants for Mazda Roadster Thanks Day in Japan;
– Next MX-5 to be unveiled simultaneously at three different locations around the globe.
HIROSHIMA, Japan —— To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Mazda Roadster (known outside Japan as Mazda MX-5), Mazda Motor Corporation will hold the Mazda Roadster Thanks Day in Japan on Thursday, 4 September 2014 at Maihama Amphitheater in Urayasu city, Chiba. The event is intended to express Mazda’s heartfelt gratitude to all the fans that have supported the Mazda MX-5 over the past 25 years. Applications for the event open on Friday, 4 July 2014 through a dedicated website. On the day of the event, Mazda will unveil the upcoming 4th generation Mazda MX-5 simultaneously in three different global locations—Japan, USA and Europe.
Since its launch in 1989, the Roadster has consistently offered the kind of fun that only a lightweight sports car can, and for this reason the model has received extensive support from owners and sport car fans from all over the world. As a way of saying thank you, Mazda is offering these fans the opportunity to share the moment of the unveiling of the upcoming MX-5, and is looking forward to greeting many guests to enjoy the event together.
The event will feature a wide range of activities for participants to enjoy, including an exhibit of heritage models.
Moving forward, Mazda will continue to pursue various opportunities to interact with customers, hoping to enrich their lives and build a strong and enduring bond with our customers.
Applications for Mazda Roadster Thanks Day in Japan
1. Date Thursday, 4 September 2014 9:30 – 10:30 (Venue open 9:00am, no
postponement for rain)
2. Venue Maihama Amphitheater
2-50 Maihama, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan, 279-8512
Map: http://www.maihama-amphitheater.jp/access/ (Japanese)
* Toll parking available
3. Number of guests 1,200 people (first-come-first-served)
4. Fee Free
5. Eligible participants Participation is restricted to residents of Japan.
Minors wishing to apply require the consent of a parent or guardian.
6. Application To apply, please go to the Mazda MX-5 25th Anniversary website.
(Application website is available in Japanese only)
– Each person can apply only once for a group of up to four people.
– Please indicate if you will go to the venue by car.
– Duplicate applications will not be accepted.
– Once your application has been accepted you will be notified by email and
a written invitation will be sent to your registered address.
7. Application period Applications open on Friday, July 4 at 12:00 p.m.
– * Applications will be closed when the maximum number of participants is
8. Program outline Simultaneous unveilings of 4th generation Mazda MX-5 in three global
Exhibition of Mazda MX-5 heritage models, and more.
9. Commemorative gift Participants will be presented with a memorial souvenir
10. Contact Mazda Campaign Office
Weekdays 13:00 – 17:00 (excludes public holidays)
Open period: From Friday, July 4 to Tuesday, September 30
Mazda MX-5 25th Anniversary Website