– Début of the sixth generation of the best seller from Fiat Professional born from the development of three guidelines: robustness/reliability, efficiency/low running costs and new high-tech content;
– The strengths of a model sold in more than 2.6 million units from 1981 to date are confirmed;
– State-of-the-art ‘car design’ combined with the concept of a true LCV: the result is the new style for the exterior that conveys, from the first glance, functionality, efficiency and robustness;
– Three interior environments, new seats and the exclusive Multifunction Tablet Holder that can be used with all devices such as smartphones, tablets and even pads of paper;
– The lowest emission and consumption levels in the segment – up to 5.8l/100km and 158g/km of CO2 in the NEDC cycle – thanks to the MultiJet II power units with 115-180CV, available also with the innovative Comfort Matic gearbox;
– Best gross vehicle weight (up to 4.4 tonnes) in the ‘single wheels’ category;
– As standard on the whole range is the electronic stability control system (ESC) complete with rollover mitigation system, load and centre of gravity detection system (LAC) and Hill Holder;
– On request further driving assistance content such as Traction+ with Hill Descent Control;
– All radios come complete with Bluetooth technology and MP3 player, up to the top-of-the-range version including 5-inch colour touchscreen, reversing camera, built-in navigation and digital radio (DAB) playback.
Turin —— Come 12 May 2014, at the Balocco Test Centre in Vercelli, Italy, the New Fiat Ducato will be presented to the international press, the latest evolution of a best seller which for the last 33 years – with its 5 generations – has been reaping international awards and commercial successes, as proven by the over 2.6 million vehicles sold worldwide from 1981 to date.
Point of reference in the EMEA Region, over the years the Fiat Ducato has crossed the European borders to reach Russia, Latin America, the Middle East and Australia. It is currently marketed in more than 80 countries worldwide, including North America, where this year sees it in a starring role with the RAM brand. The Fiat Ducato is a ‘global’ vehicle that will drive the growth of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in the light commercial vehicles sector.
The new exterior style is the result of state-of-the-art ‘car design’ which, together with the concept of a light commercial vehicle, conveys a strong sense of dynamism, safety, quality and robustness. The new Fiat Professional vehicle further develops the concept of “design connected to functionality” which has always characterised the model. In particular, among the new features, are 2 different colours for the grill, skid plate, new 16-inch rims, new LED headlights and 3-part front bumper to reduce repair costs.
On the inside the New Ducato offers three environments – Classic, Tecno and Lounge – with growing levels of refinement and elegance, characterised by new seats that maintain the top-of-the-range comfort level and by the new cup holder built into the central console. The New Ducato is also the first vehicle to bring the segment the exclusive Multifunction Holder available in the middle of all dashboards in the range and compatible with all devices such as smartphones and tablets in addition to normal pads of paper.
Characterised by a powerful, distinctive look, the New Ducato boasts the lowest emissions and fuel consumption in the category: as little as 5.8 l/100 km and 158 g/km of CO2 in the NEDC cycle. This is thanks to the innovative MultiJet II Euro 5+ engine versions in the range: 2.0 MultiJet 115 HP and 280 Nm peak torque (5-speed gearbox); 2.3 MultiJet 130 HP, 320 Nm peak torque (6-speed gearbox); 2.3 MultiJet 150 HP, 350 Nm peak torque (6-speed gearbox); 3.0 MultiJet 180 HP, 400 Nm peak torque (6-speed gearbox). The Comfort Matic gearbox is available on all MultiJet 2.3 and 3.0 engines, with optimised configuration to match the various driving conditions and uses of the vehicle.
With respect to the previous model, its characteristics of reliability and robustness have been further enhanced thanks to the technological heritage of Fiat Professional and the experience gained by exporting and testing the Ducato model throughout the world, in certain cases outside of the European Union. Today as never before, the Ducato addresses a global market and must prove itself up to the job in a wide variety of contexts, each more demanding than the last, improving its robustness and reliability thanks to the reinforcements on the body and the closures, to optimised braking comfort and performance and enhancements to the lifespan of the suspensions and clutch. For example, the New Ducato boasts the best gross vehicle weight (up to 4.4 tonnes), weight on the rear axle (up to 2.5 t) and payload (up to 2.1 t for vans) of the entire ‘single wheels’ category.
The New Ducato takes a further step forwards in terms of efficiency and running costs, focusing on kerb weight reduction and increased payload, all through working on the materials and elements employed – such as, for example, the special rear suspension in composite material – together with the ever wider and more comprehensive range of power units, confirming the popular and exclusive “one-mission – one engine” strategy of the model from Fiat Professional.
The New Ducato also demonstrates its cutting-edge credentials in terms of its offer of extremely high-tech content, thanks to state-of-the-art safety and driving assistance devices, as well as the new infotainment system. For example, all versions offer the electronic stability control (ESC) system as standard. This has been improved through the rollover mitigation system, to increase comfort and protect the load from unexpected motion, in conjunction with the load detection (LAC) system, Hill Holder, anti-slip (ASR) system and electronic braking assistance (EBA) system.
Additionally, to ensure greater manoeuvrability and enhanced driving comfort, Servotronic is offered as standard on the MultiJet 2.3 and 3.0 engine versions, while further driving assistance systems are available on request, such as Traction+ (complete with Hill Descent Control system), lane departure warning system and road sign recognition system.
There are also developments in the field of Infotainment, where the new model offers Bluetooth technology and MP3 player as standard on all available radios, up to the top-of-the-range version including 5-inch colour touchscreen, reversing camera, built-in navigation and digital radio (DAB) playback.
Finally, the new vehicle from Fiat Professional offers the widest front-wheel-drive range on the market: suffice it to say that by combining the various solutions in terms of body, engine and mechanics, you get 10,000 variants for commercial vehicles, passenger transport and bases for conversions. In detail, within the van range, you can choose from between eight different capacities, ranging from 8 to 17 m³ and boasting the best efficiency in the category. What’s more, the New Ducato will be available in 4 lengths and 3 heights for vans, and 6 lengths for chassis cabs.