Shining all the way Honda’s CB Shine becomes ‘India’s All-time Highest Selling 125cc Motorcycle!’
– Honda rolls out the epic 3 millionth CB Shine unit from Tapukara plant;
– CB Shine creates record as First 125cc motorcycle in India to reach 3 million units mark!;
– Leads by huge 61% margin over nearest competitor model sales in India;
– Becomes No. 1 selling motorcycle for Honda worldwide for first time.
NEW DELHI, India —— Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) – the Only Honda in Indian 2Wheeler industry has created a new milestone.
Overtaking many pre-existing competition models of this segment, CB Shine has become ‘India’s all time highest selling 125cc motorcycle’ and also First Ever 125cc motorcycle to achieve 3 million units mark.
On the global platform too, CB Shine has raced ahead to become Honda Motor Company, Japan’s Number One selling motorcycle across Honda’s two-wheeler operations worldwide for the first time ending FY’13-14.
Celebrating this milestone, Keita Muramatsu – President & CEO, HMSI rolled out the epic 3 millionth CB Shine produced at Honda’s second plant at Tapukara, Rajasthan.
Sharing CB Shine’s stellar performance on global platform, Keita Muramatsu – President & CEO, HMSI said, “We thank our valued customers, business partners and Associates for this remarkable feat. CB Shine is not only No. 1 selling 125cc motorcycle in India but also the world! For the first time ending FY’14, CB Shine has become No. 1 selling motorcycle for Honda Motor Company, Japan worldwide.”
Expressing sincere thanks to Honda customers, Y. S Guleria – Vice President, Sales & Marketing, HMSI said, “CB Shine has become India’s first ever 125cc motorcycle to achieve 30 million unit sales. This reaffirms that CB Shine is a true Winners Choice and is universally accepted by valued customers. We firmly believe customer experience and customer loyalty is priceless and will work to delight our customers in future too.”
Glimpses of the exciting journey of Honda’s flagship 125cc motorcycle are as follows:
– CB Shine was launched in April 2006 with the unique Optimax technology.
– It quickly garnered 9% market share with sales crossing 117,000 units in its first year itself.
– Backed by regular value additions & superior Honda technology, CB Shine became India’s Single largest selling 125cc motorcycle by FY’2008-09, merely two years since its launch.
– While all major 125cc motorcycle models witnessed sharp decline in sales during global economic slowdown in FY’ 2008-09, CB Shine sales continued its strong upward sales trajectory.
– CB Shine achieved its first 1 million happy customers in October, 2010 (54 months) while 2 million customer milestone was achieved in November, 2012 (25 months). With speed, the latest 3 million Cumulative sales were achieved in April 2014 (just 16 months).
– Last fiscal 2013-14, this segment faced de-growth. In comparison, CB Shine scaled greater heights with record Sales of 740,000 units, with ever highest single month sales of 94,300 units in March’14.
– Since becoming segment leader, Honda’s CB Shine leadership over nearest competitor model has consistently grown from 9% in FY’2008-09 to 61% in 2013-14. In volume terms, sales gap with nearest competitor has widened from 22,000 units to 281,000 units in FY’13-14, clearly indicating the overwhelming customer trust in CB Shine.
– Today, every third 125cc motorcycle purchased in India is a CB Shine. Ending FY’13-14, CB Shine leads by 33% market share.
To meet the overwhelming customer demand, Honda is producing CB Shine at its Tapukara (Rajasthan) and Narsapura (Karnataka) plants.