– New exterior and interior design;
– Significant industry firsts in its segment: first mid-size SUV with nine-speed automatic transmission and rear-axle disconnect;
– New front-wheel drive configuration and three innovative four-wheel drive systems: Jeep® Active Drive I, Jeep® Active Drive II and Jeep® Active Drive Lock with locking rear differential;
– New, efficient 2.0-litre Multijet II turbo diesel delivering 140 or 170 horsepower and 350 Nm of torque and new 3.2-litre V-6 Pentastar producing 272 horsepower and 315 Nm of torque. A 2.4-litre Tigershark MultiAir I-4 engine powers the Cherokee range in Russia and the Middle East;
– Standard fuel-saving Stop/Start technology on all diesel engines;
– Exclusive technological contents: available new Wireless Charging Pad, full-colour 7-inch reconfigurable TFT instrument cluster and Uconnect with 8.4-inch colour touchscreen;
– ‘Best in class’ safety: Euro NCAP’s five-star achiever and safest SUV in its category thanks to more than 70 safety and security systems including Rollover Mitigation (ERM), ABS with off-road calibration, Forward Collision Warning with Crash Mitigation, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop&Go, Lanesense Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection;
– A choice of three trim levels for Europe: Longitude, Limited and Trailhawk. A Sports trim level available in the Cherokee range exclusively in Russia and the Middle East;
– Jeep Cherokee & Mopar: more than 100 accessories available on the new generation of the Jeep mid-size Sport Utility Vehicle;
– Jeep Cherokee & FGA Capital: financial offers in line with the needs of the new Cherokee customers.
Jeep® Cherokee, the Jeep mid-size Sport Utility Vehicle, has evolved into a completely new vehicle fully expressing the brand’s core values of freedom, authenticity, adventure and passion and delivering to customers a fresh interpretation of the “Go anywhere, do anything” attitude of the legendary American brand.
With the introduction of the 1984 Jeep Cherokee, three decades ago, Jeep invented the mid-size SUV category. The all-new compact SUV of the Jeep brand was the first vehicle of its type and size and was so successful that it was quickly followed by a number of competitive vehicles. A major feature of the 1984 Jeep Cherokee was the all-new unibody frame that gave the vehicle superior rigidity with reduced weight and fuel consumption.
Today, the new generation Jeep Cherokee completely rethinks the category invented by Jeep 30 years ago and features a new sleek and athletic design, the first nine-speed automatic transmission in the mid-size SUV segment, enhanced on-road driving dynamics and handling, superior Jeep 4×4 capability, premium interior craftsmanship, innovative technology, new levels of efficiency, entertainment and comfort and ‘five-star’ safety and security features that recently allowed the vehicle to earn the designation of ‘safest 2013 SUV’ in its category from Euro NCAP.
Engineered to excel on any and all terrains, the new Jeep Cherokee expresses the synthesis between stylistic innovation and family tradition, legendary 4×4 capability and technology: features that are fully embodied in the top of the range Limited model and in its alter ego, the ‘off-road’ specialist Trailhawk.
With a sleek and athletic exterior the new Jeep Cherokee remains true to the heritage of the brand while moving forward into the next era with a shape that is as efficient as the vehicle and maintains the DNA that makes it a true Jeep. The interior of the new Jeep Cherokee delivers craftsmanship, easy-to-operate technological contents and thoughtful, clever features.
Available in two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations, the new generation Jeep Cherokee is engineered to ensure benchmark on and off-road capabilities under all driving conditions. The new Jeep mid-size SUV offers a choice of three innovative four wheel drive systems: Jeep® Active Drive I, Jeep® Active Drive II and Jeep® Active Drive Lock. Jeep® Active Drive I features a fully automatic, single power transfer unit (PTU) and delivers seamless operation in and out of four-wheel drive at any speed. Jeep® Active Drive II includes a two-speed PTU with torque management and low range. Jeep® Active Drive Lock is available on petrol models only and includes all the features of Jeep Active Drive II adding a locking rear differential for superior low-speed power delivery.
This vehicle is also the first mid-size SUV to feature rear axle disconnect, resulting in reduced friction and energy loss when 4×4 capability isn’t needed and ensuring improved fuel efficiency. The rear-axle disconnect, seamlessly switches between two-and four-wheel drive for full-time torque management without requiring input from the driver.
The new Jeep Cherokee lineup will be introduced in Jeep dealerships throughout Europe starting in April, in the Longitude, Limited and Trailhawk trim levels. The engine range comprises the new 2.0-litre Multijet II turbo diesel and the 3.2-litre V-6 Pentastar petrol engine. The efficient turbo diesel is available in two versions offering customers a choice of 170 or 140 horsepower outputs, both generating 350 Nm of torque. The 170 horsepower version of the 2.0-litre engine is coupled with the all-new nine-speed automatic gearbox, while the 140 horsepower version of this engine is matched to a six-speed manual transmission. Both versions of the 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine incorporate ‘Stop/Start’ technology that improves fuel efficiency and reduces CO2 emissions. The 3.2-litre V6 Pentastar petrol engine delivering 272 horsepower and 315 Nm of torque that completes the engine offering in Europe is paired to the new nine-speed automatic transmission.
In Russia and the Middle East, a Sports trim level is also available in the new Cherokee range and a 2.4-litre Tigershark MultiAir L4 is offered in combination with the new nine-speed automatic gearbox.